Marketing Content Mistakes to Avoid
It can be challenging to know where to begin when planning your marketing content. Many helpful blog articles show how to get started and make the most of your content marketing - but what about the pitfalls that can come from content creation?
Engage with your ideal audience by avoiding some of these common content creation mistakes:
- Not Knowing Your Audience - If you don't clearly define your audience and your "ideal customer," your writing could be too generalized. Know exactly who your audience is before you touch a key on the keyboard.
- Not Setting Goals - When writing content, have a clear goal in mind. Without this, your content will never address your target audience. Define the purpose of the piece you're writing. Will it help your readers address a pain point? Are you perceived as the subject matter expert?
- Not Writing for Your Audience - Many businesses fall victim to this. If the written content is filled with marketing buzzwords, those words may ultimately alienate rather than engage a target audience.
- Forgetting to use Conversational Tone- Remember not to be too formal. Write as if someone is on the other side of your desk. The tone should remain professional and conversational.
- Not Being Specific - The best writer in the world won't do your content justice if it doesn't address your audience's pain points. And that goes for your writing. Always make sure you're making a specific point.
- Quality Over Quantity - More is not better. Less is most definitely more when writing good content for your business. One GOOD content post is better than four average posts.
- No Call to Action (CTA) - Every blog post should have CTA, which defines the next step for your reader. It could be joining your email list, signing up for a free guide or more information, purchasing a product, or sending an inquiry.
Let us help you.
Our team of experts can assist you in developing a marketing content plan that is tailor made for your business. Get in touch with us here.