10 Tips to Start Branding Your Business Website
If you’re a business owner, there are many ways to establish your online presence, get leads, and make sales. However, without the branding behind your business, growth in a crowded marketplace can be incredibly difficult.
Consumers crave connection and answers to their problems, and the best way to begin delivering that connection and those answers is through building a strong, reliable brand for your business. Let’s focus on arguably one of the most important tools when it comes to branding—your website.
Your website can be the game-changer, providing customers with an accurate impression of your brand. Let's dive into some tips on how to effectively brand your website.
10 Tips to Brand Your Website
- Set Goals: Before you start building or redesigning your website, define why it exists and what its purpose is. Is it to increase sales? To provide more information about your services? To educate users on your business model? Answering these questions will help you set up a website that’s first, effective and second, on brand.
- Identify Your Audience: Who is your target audience? Consumers, businesses? Understanding your audience will enable you to tailor your website's content, design, and functionality to resonate with and cater to their specific needs and preferences.
- Write Your Story: What do you want to tell your visitors? Your website should be a reflection of your business, so make sure it’s easy for people to understand what you stand for. Not only should you tell them your brand values, but let your customers know how and why you will help them with your product or service.
- Know Your Colors: Your website design should be an extension of your brand identity. Colors, font, imagery, and navigation should all work together to help tell the story of your company and give users a seamless experience. Choose colors and fonts wisely, as they will be associated with your brand identity long-term.
- Create Your Logo: If you don't already have a logo, it's the perfect time to create one! Have some fun with brand colors, fonts, and different design ideas. And if you already have a logo, take a hard look. Overcomplicated logos often confuse consumers, so make sure it's clearly designed and easy to understand.
- Inventory and Optimize Your Content: What content already exists and what content will you need to develop? Think about what topics are most important and relevant to your visitors. Maybe you want to freshen up old content with new keywords or brand colors, or add new image visuals to portray your brand personality.
- Find Your Keywords: SEO (search engine optimization) should be integrated into your design from the start, as it will help your content be found by search engines like Google and Bing. Use keyword research tools to discover what people are searching for in relation to your business, and implement keywords throughout your website.
- Preview Website Navigation: How will visitors engage with your website? Will it be a breeze to navigate and use? Strategize how you want people to smoothly move through the site, and interact with your menus and nav bar as the user would to check for easy use.
- Monitor Your Progress: Track how visitors are engaging with your website on an ongoing basis. Use analytics tools to measure website performance and understand how people arrive and interact with your website. What do they click on the most? What information are they looking for? Knowing these pain points will help you make better decisions to improve user experience.
- Adjust As Needed: Keep up with customer feedback! They are your sales force. Regularly make updates to the content, design, navigation, and overall user experience, especially when you notice issues. Don’t be afraid to experiment and take risks—what works today may not work tomorrow.
By treating your website and business as the awesome brand it is, you give customers an engaging experience that'll make them want to stick with you for the long haul. Let's keep them coming back for more! Do you want to create a website that truly connects with your audience? Just fill out the form below and let’s get started.