The Pros and Cons of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Thinking about adding artificial intelligence to your workflow? Before you make an investment into an AI program for writing your website content, learn about the pros and cons of AI so that you can make an informed decision for your brand and business.
What is AI?
AI, or artificial intelligence, is an umbrella term used to describe a range of computer systems that are capable of performing tasks that would normally require human intelligence, hence the name ‘artificial’ intelligence.
AI technologies include machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning among a vast array of other systems. AI systems can be used for a variety of applications including speech recognition, data analysis, and of course, AI content generation—including that of website copy.
Artificial intelligence can not only produce copious amounts of content but it can be used for a range of tasks, from creating blog posts to writing press releases. With the help of AI, humans can be more productive and efficient in their workflow processes, or is that really the case?
Writing truly engaging and memorable content takes time, research, and a personal touch—can AI deliver?
What can AI do for you?
Maybe you’re asking yourself what all the commotion is all about when it comes to AI. Well, just to begin the list, AI can generate:
- Blog posts
- Articles and stories
- Summaries and overviews
- Website copy
- Press releases
- Product descriptions
- Social media content
- Email newsletters
- SEO optimized content
- and more!
While the list of what AI can do regarding content creation is extensive, writing copy unique to your brand can be a time-consuming process that requires ample effort, research, and focus. AI can help overcome those challenges and produce accurate and engaging content with ease, sometimes.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of artificial intelligence!
Pros of Using AI to Write Content
- Save time. There’s no denying that AI is fast. By using AI to generate content, you can save some serious time. Artificial intelligence can create content in a fraction of the time it would take a human, and with just one click of a button and a few keywords, you can instantly get paragraphs of copy.
- Save money. AI can save you a good chunk of money if you’re using it to create content. With AI, it’s possible that you won't need to hire a copywriter or spend hours at a keyboard yourself.
- Reduce writer’s block. Sometimes you just need a little bit of inspiration to create engaging copy. While you might not use exactly what the AI system generates, it’s a great tool for when you’re drawing a mental blank.
- Optimize your content. AI can use SEO strategies to make sure that your content hits high in search engine rankings. (SERPs) You can create content that’s tailored to your readers, making it more likely that they will engage with the material by including key terms that may be searched for regarding your chosen topic.
All of those benefits are great, some would even say fantastic. But, we don’t recommend relying solely on artificial intelligence to create your content! Why? Keep reading to discover the cons of using AI to write your content.
Cons of Using AI to Write Content
- It might be wrong. AI writing tools are fallible and make many errors. Although they can generate a lot of copy at one time, it's crucial to make sure that your facts are accurate. This poses the risk of spending more time researching statistics or historical facts and less time writing.
- You have to edit, edit, edit. - Another problem encountered within AI-generated copy is its lack of understanding of your target audience. The content often lacks nuance and requires a lot of editing to cater to those it's written for, often resulting in more work than if it had been written professionally in the first place.
- Lacks human touch. - AI is just that—artificial.Copy devoid of the human element may seem flat, uninspiring and toneless, something your audience won’t want to read. They want to feel connected to your writing, and this cannot be replicated by AI.
It's important to weigh up both the positives and negatives when considering using AI for content writing. AI may be a great way to save time and energy, but ultimately you have to consider the pitfalls. An AI-generated piece of copy may not be accurate, require lots of editing, and lack the human touch in your content that your target audience is looking for.
Are you looking for engaging copy for your website, blog or social media content that’s tailored to your brand? You don’t have to use AI! Just fill out the form below and our experts at Jason Hunter Design would be happy to help craft compelling copy for your website, leveling up your content and leaving you with happy customers.