10 Questions to Ask Your Customers on Social Media that Will Drive Engagement
Today, there are thousands of companies jostling for attention on social media. Whatever the size or success, many companies make the mistake of only talking about their brand and the latest promotion, neglecting to spark a conversation or engagement with their followers and fans.
Social media facilitates engagement from a community of individuals with similar points of view, taste, and interest. If you have followers, they are interested in not only your product or service, but they can also become ambassadors for your business. After all, they chose to connect with you and look to you as a subject matter expert. The conversations sparked on social media can be invaluable in getting to know your audience better and who they connect with.
Here is a list of 10 questions you can ask your customers to get the conversation started and drive engagement:
- What's your opinion on (article/discussion related to your customers' interests)?
- Choose "A" or "B" are your favorite (label two product pictures with A or B) and leave your choice in the comments below.
- What three things can you not live without?
- What could you talk for 30 minutes about with absolutely no preparation?
- What's the last picture on your camera roll? Please share it with us.
- Describe your idea of a perfect day.
- Do you have a "side-hustle"? If so, what is it?
- Which is the one technology that has made the world a better place?
- What is the last link you shared on social media? Please share it in the comment section.
- What is your ideal vacation in one sentence?
Don't forget to use a suitable emoji to add color, grab attention, and share an image to increase engagement. BuzzSumo found that posts with images received 2.3 times more engagement than posts without images. (Source)
Also, be sure to engage with your followers the minute you start getting replies. This action ensures loyal followers and further engagement and offers a sense of your company's personality.
If this is overwhelming, we can help. Our experts have years of professional experience with social media.