5 Tips for Creating Captivating Content
In the hyper-competitive digital world, it's hard for a business to stand out from the crowd when it's time to create original, engaging content for its target audience. Visitors are impatient and want to find valuable content that is entertaining and addresses their current challenge. Plus, visitors to your website are more apt to skim than read everything. So, how do you keep a visitor engaged and, on your page, long enough to make a purchase or contact you? It might seem daunting, but here are five easy ways to amplify how much your content appeals to your visitors.
- Use a conversational tone: This is an excellent way to connect with your audience. It humanizes your brand and is much easier to compose quickly than a formal tone. This approach will allow more of your personality to shine through in your writing, and your natural writing flow is far less likely to be interrupted by writer's block.
- Be relatable: Write about subjects or situations that you know well. For example, if there's specific industry terminology that your audience will use, include that in your content. It sets you up as a subject matter expert and signals to readers that you have them in mind exclusively.
- Use images and video: Simplify and enhance written content with photos, graphics, and video. These visual mediums are easy to digest, engaging, and can help to break up large chunks of text. Plus, they help illustrate concepts.
- Make it easy to read: Your content should pass the skim test, so avoid long rambling paragraphs. Use bullet points, lists, and headlines. Stick to short sentences so that your reader doesn't incur fatigue.
- Write now and edit later: Write down everything that comes into your head, and then trim the fat/make corrections later. Don't let the urge to edit a mistake or reword a sentence derail your creativity while you are on a roll.
If you’re stuck and need a comprehensive content plan for your website, contact us using the form below. We have a team of dedicated professionals ready to help.