5 Tips for Promoting your Black Friday Event on Social Media
Did you know that the frenzy that comes with Black Friday weekend sales and promotions can be an excellent time for your business to leverage your social media presence? It’s the perfect platform to reach your audience about upcoming offers and gain some followers along the way.
Check out these 5 tips to get your social media ready for a promotion:
- Tailor your deals to your customer base: You know what excites and motivates your target audience. Don’t just set up the sale and assume customers will jump. Can the product or service make your audience’s lives easier? Consider a social media post that addresses a specific pain point.
- Build anticipation: There is no better place to build hype for an upcoming offer than on your social media pages. Schedule a post or two in the week leading up to Black Friday weekend with a few hints or teasers about the deals they can enjoy.
- Use effective imagery: Create a sense of anticipation with some exciting imagery of popular products or services. Each post is effectively a mini ad for a product, so follow the principles of a great image-based ad when you promote your Black Friday deal. Use crisp, clear product images. For creative inspiration, review your favorite company or retailer’s social media posts and images. Alternatively, save time and frustration by hiring a graphic designer.
- Post sparingly: Many companies make a big mistake (even the big ones) in going overboard posting about ALL the available deals and offers. It can be tempting to notify your followers of every single product or service, but you can end up oversaturating them. Choose a selection of offers and leave plenty of time between posts to avoid overwhelming potential customers.
- Communicate: Make sure you are available and ready to answer questions because there will be a lot! People will be responding to your social media posts, looking for more information, so it’s essential to set aside time to respond or appoint someone on your team to monitor and respond to questions.
When used correctly, social media can connect your business with customers and increase your visibility on search engines – especially important during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The solution: Let us help you.
Our experts can take over your social media presence and act as extension of your brand to get you more traffic and generate new leads.