Seven Ways to Improve Your Website Conversion Rate
Congratulations - you have just launched a visually stunning website to represent your product or service. You have noted hundreds of people visit the website every day but leave without interacting with your product/service or content. This costs money and negatively impacts your Google rankings because the lack of engagement increases your bounce rates.
Here is the hard truth: a massive flow of web traffic does not always convert or translate into conversions if you do not recognize the value of conversion rate optimization.
What is conversion rate optimization? It is a systematic process of increasing the percentage of website visitors who take the desired action - whether filling out a form or becoming customers. The process involves understanding how users move through your site, what steps they take, and what's stopping them from completing your goals.
What is a conversion rate? Your website's conversion rate equals the number of times a user completes a goal (that you set) divided by your site traffic. If you sell a widget, divide the number of conversions by the number of users.
What can be done to optimize your website's conversion rate? Here are seven examples for you to consider:
- Use social proof: Social proof is a tried and tested way to add the trust factor to your website. Seeing that another customer had a positive experience with your brand is a huge factor in a purchase decision. Consider adding testimonials, case studies, and recommendations to your website.
- Add live chat: If somebody is visiting your website for the first time, they might need an answer to an urgent question. Whether this question is answered, could be the deciding factor between them making a purchase from you or not. Having a live chat option can help enormously with this.
- Use website analytics and software: Use website analytics to gain valuable intelligence into how your visitors use your site. A product such as Hotjar can track how people navigate through and use your website. This information allows you to make the changes that optimize their experience.
- Improve your page speed: Deliver the best experience possible and continue to encourage visitors to browse by ensuring your website is as fast as possible. Each page should load in under 2 seconds and ideally under 1 second.
- Make sure your website looks great on mobile: At least 40% of your visitors will view your website using a mobile device. Nothing will turn a visitor away faster than an unresponsive website.
- Use A / B testing: Gain valuable insight into what elements on your website perform better than others using split testing. You can split-test variations of headlines, images, website copy, and more. This is a fantastic way to improve your conversion rate.
- Remove friction: Play detective on your website. Test your website as if you were a potential customer and see it from their perspective. Look for any friction points or areas where something doesn't make as much sense as it should. Remove or rectify these issues.
These are just a few examples of how to improve website conversion rate. We can do a full analysis of your website to make recommendations for optimal conversion. Fill out the form below to connect with us to discuss your needs.