With our Search Engine Optimization audit, we start with understanding your current situation and then work together to get you where you want to be. We will provide in-depth research on your existing site and provide specific recommendations to improve your rankings. After that, we will propose a plan tailored to your needs to show how we'll get you optimal results.
Get the lay of the land
When auditing your website for SEO, the first thing we do is configure our crawling tools and start collecting data associated with your site to learn where you currently rank. We'll review your Google Analytics, check your traffic patterns, and consult free diagnostic tools for Google Webmaster Tools. Having all of this, we're ready to begin the audit.
Audit Check List
This part of the audit looks at how search engines are currently able to access your website. Once we determine that search engines can access your pages, we want to ensure they're indexing them (including them in results).
If you're being blocked, we'll dig to learn why and then propose a solution for fixing any errors to get your site back in the rankings.
On-page ranking factors
Now that we've determined that your site is being indexed and crawled, we'll review more about what factors on your site influence those rankings. We'll look at the following items:
- ✓ URLs: Since a URL is the entry point to a page's content, it's a logical place to begin our on-page analysis.
- ✓ Content: Content is the most important thing Google and other search engines look for when determining how to rank your site.
- ✓ Information Architecture: This is the blueprint for how your site presents information (and how you expect visitors to consume the information).
- ✓ Keyword Cannibalism: A situation where your site has multiple pages that target the same keyword and creates confusion for search engines and visitors.
- ✓ Duplicate Content: These pages can be internal and external (i.e., hosted on a different domain).
- ✓ HTML Markup: We'll focus on the title tags and meta descriptions while also paying attention to headings and images.
- ✓ Outlinks: Does your site link to other high-quality sites?
- ✓ Off-page ranking factors: What's off the website is just as important. Your site's quality is determined by the quality of the sites linking to it. Thus, it is essential to analyze your site's backlink profile and identify opportunities for improvement.
- ✓ Competitive Analysis: After your site has been reviewed, we'll also compare it against three competitors in all of the ways listed above and compile the data down into actionable items.
SEO Link Building Strategy
Once the audit is complete, we will build a strategy that identifies actionable steps to get your website in tip-top shape. Some or all of these strategies will be taken into consideration:
- Resource Links
- Natural Guest Blogging
- Finding Competitors Common Backlinks
- Dead Link Recovery
- Mentions into Backlinks
- Infographics/Video Creation
- Material Giveaway
- Social and Blog Commenting
Google Analytics provides some tremendous pre-configured reports to work with out of the box. Still, the ability to customize and build your reports from scratch allows us to gain truly valuable insights from the tool.
Here is a breakdown of reports for measuring site performance and acquisition patterns options that we can utilize to get the easiest and best reporting from our SEO efforts:
One of the most common money leaks on websites is incompatibility with specific browsers.
Visitor Acquisition Efficiency Analysis Report
This is to organize critical metrics that reveal the efficiency and performance of each stream of traffic to a website.
Customer Behavior Report
Via this report, learn how behavior varies between new and returning users in terms of overall traffic, conversion patterns, and event completion.
Mobile Performance Report
An ideal report for understanding how well the site is optimized for mobile.
Site Diagnostics: Page Timing Report
This instantly reveals problematic pages that take long to load or have an uncomfortably high bounce rate.
Hours & Days Report
The Hours & Days Report shows which day of the week and at what time of the day the website receives the most traffic.
Referring Sites Report
Identify the referring sites that provide the most value and how they're contributing to goal conversions.
Content Efficiency Report
This report focuses on key metrics that will help identify how web pages perform and is especially useful for sites that produce a lot of content.
Traffic Acquisition from Social Media Report
Find out which social media channels are driving the most traffic to your site and whether that traffic is translating into tangible results for your business.
SEO: Referring Pages Report
This is a great way to gauge the effectiveness of link-building efforts and track the top referring links to your website.
SEO Insights for Google Organic (not provided) Report
This report shows the landing page URLs and their page titles and gives you a sense of the general keyword themes people are searching for on Google before arriving at your site.
Keyword Analysis Report
This report lists the most popular keywords alongside visitor metrics, conversion rates, goal completions, and page load time for each one.
Using these Custom Reports will save time and most likely reveal data insights that weren't expected. We can then adjust our SEO accordingly, so no stones go unturned to make sure your business is successful with the results.